Unfortunately, social security can sometimes be a bit under the radar. It shouldn’t be! While tax can often be corrected at the end of the year, incorrect social security coverage is much harder to repair. Without proper assistance your international employment could have an impact on for instance your state pension entitlement or your unemployment benefits. In addition, you might not be entitled to regular healthcare while working abroad.

Based on the contractual setting and the countries involved, we can evaluate your situation and advice on your social security position. Following this evaluation we can also help with the A1 statement or the application for voluntary insurances. If your home country social security cannot be continued, we can also advice on the Dutch tax treatment of the different foreign social security contributions. Below you will find some examples of our social security services.

Advisory services

We can advise on all social security consequences and possibilities. That way you can be sure there won't be any unwanted surprises.

Social security forms

Whether you need an A1, an S1 or a U1 form. We can explain any social security form you can think of and help with the application.

International pension

Are you about to receive pension payments from another country? We canadvise you on the tax treatment to avoid any surprises.

Taxation on cross-border employment

When it comes to taxation on cross-border employment income , the devil really is in the detail. How do you have to count the foreign workdays? Is there a salary recharge and if there is, what does it look like? We have been doing this for over 10 years. Based on this experience, you can be sure that every piece of the puzzle is in the right place. 


"As long as I work for a Dutch employer, Dutch social security will always be applicable. Even when I move abroad"